September and October 2020Being HUMAN in the Practice of LAW
Human Dynamics & Conversational Intelligence are 2 of the challenges of law practice not taught in law school. Basic neuroscience tells us that conversations affect the brain and impact our interactions with others.
During this program, learn to close the gap between intention and impact. Build your capacity to inspire trust, develop understanding, create a productive workplace, and improve your cross-cultural communication. Apply the concepts in your own practice environment.
Taught by Tracy Quinton, an expert on getting people to work together to achieve results, and Kathryn Munn, a seasoned mediator, arbitrator, facilitator and lawyer.
This course is accredited by the Law Society of Ontario for Continuing Professional Development.
This program has 3 Modules and contains:
3 hours and 50 minutes Professionalism AND
2 hours and 10 minutes of EDI Professionalism
2020 Fall Courses
Monday September 21,
Tuesday September 22,
Wednesday, September 23
3 -5 pm ET each day
Registration Opens July 3rd, 2020.
Wednesday October 14,
Wednesday, October 21,
Wednesday, October 28
12 -2 pm ET each day
(In Canadian funds)
For the full 6-hour course over 3 Modules
$525 + $68.25 HST = $593.25
Registration and full payment due:
Two Days Before Course Start Date
Payment by credit card or etransfer.
KATHRYN MUNN, LL.B., Cert. ConRes., C. Med., C. Arb., IMI Certified Mediator is a mediator, facilitator, arbitrator and lawyer. Through her firm, Munn Conflict Resolution Services based in London, Ontario, she has specialized in the prevention, management and resolution of conflict for more than 25 years. Kathryn is a thorough, creative and persistent professional who adapts her approach to fit each situation.
TRACY QUINTON, Organizational Strategist and founder of the Quinton Group, bringing 35 years of seasoned experience in the collaborative creation and execution of results-driven strategies; the results which take clients beyond their limiting expectations. She works with leaders and teams to elevate the quality of conversations, and creates positive change within organizations by providing the framework and practices to listen, engage, architect and influence in the moment.
- Registration for each course closes 2 days before the first course date.
- The course fee must be paid in full before the course start date.
- If you register for a course but cannot attend:
- You may transfer your registration to another person who will attend in your place, as long as the substitute person meets the qualifications to take the same course.
- If you notify us of withdrawal from a course 7 days or more before the course start date, a full refund will be provided for all fees paid less a non-refundable course administration fee of $50.
- With the consent of the instructor, if another scheduled time for that module is available, you may attend the same module at the other scheduled time.
- A Certificate of Completion will be provided only to students who attend live online and participate in all 3 modules and all 6 hours of the course as scheduled.
- We reserve the right to change the course content, dates, or instructors.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course. If we cancel, we will provide a full refund.
- As an outcome of our courses, we cannot guarantee employment or attainment of any professional designation.
- In the event of any liability resulting from any aspect of our courses for any reason, such liability shall not exceed the course fee paid by the student.